003- Hands on Nervous System Training with Dr. Mickra Hamilton
Joining us today is Dr. Mickra Hamilton, Co-Founder/CEO Apeiron Center for Human Potential. In this episode Ben and Dr. Hamilton dive into all things capnography. She takes Ben through a series of tests, then evaluates his overall state and measures how stress approximation events affect his body. They take a deep look into optimize the mechanics of our breath, ways to improve your heart rate variability & MORE. She opens up about the Apeiron Center and the ground breaking research they are doing. Find out how her mission is creating a new paradigm for what is possible for human performance and potential.
Dr. Hamilton explains, in detail, how she will evaluate Ben’s overall state and measures how stress approximation events affect his body. [3:15]
[5:45 – 16:40] Dead air – Taking him through various tests
She asks Ben to share a time of awe, something that was so amazing he can still feel it? [16:40] [18:12 – 19:21] Dead air – More tests and resting
What was something incredibly stressful that took him out of his normal state of clarity? [19:22] [21:05 – 22:38] Dead air
How can we optimize the mechanics of our breath? [22:39] Evaluating Ben’s test results: State of him, handling stress under pressure, carrying tension in your muscles, natural cycle of breath & MORE. [25:22] How do you improve your heart rate variability? [39:00] What amount of breath do we require? [41:56] How the Apeiron Center is working on transformative breath work to help people in their daily lives. [44:22] [47:10 – 52:16] Testing Ben’s HRV and what levels are considered healthy?
How did she discover this? [52:17] How they aim to do whatever the person is interested in, at whatever level they can achieve over time. [54:55] What is an ‘anechoic chamber’ and why was it created? [57:26] How we all have the ability to be resilient to stress. [1:04:25] For people who are more performance oriented under stress, what is the intervention strategy? [1:07:55] Is there an app that may exist with this natural breathing extension? [1:10:02] How much does exercise play into ideal heart rate coherence? [1:11:33] Featured Guest
Dr. Mickra Hamilton
Apeiron Center (@ApeironCHP) | Twitter
Related Links/Products Mentioned
MI40 Muscle Intelligence – YouTube
Capnography – Wikipedia
Heart Rate Variability – A Historical Perspective
Heart rate: What’s normal? – Mayo Clinic
The physiological effects of slow breathing in the healthy human
Anechoic chamber – Wikipedia
STEP INSIDE THE AIR FORCE’S SOUND-SWALLOWING ANECHOIC CHAMBER
ISRAEL’S RESILIENT DECENCY DESPITE EXTREME TERRORISM
Institute of HeartMath
Here are 5 ways I’m helping 100,000+ people build a body they love right now and how I can immediately help you:
1. Mi40 Foundation – 4X gains for 40 days. Over 100,000 copies sold and once the nr. 1 training program on the Internet – no joke. Start here if you are new to Intelligent training.
2. Mi40 Xtreme v2.0 – The best workout of your life. University-backed protocol adds 13lbs more muscle over “mainstream” training. Proven with real life results.
Real life results:
3. The Incredible Bulk – My personal training and nutrition protocol for gaining muscle all year long without getting fat. Used by my clients to add up to 14 lbs of new muscle in 4 weeks, or even 30lbs in 12 weeks.
4. (NEW) Hypertrophy Execution Mastery – The first and only online masterclass showing you how to train for YOUR body mechanics (rather than against it). Avoid pains and injuries. Fix lagging muscles. 1000+ customers, 100+ testimonials. Free 4-month trial of Mi40 Nation worth $228 included.
How to choose exercises for you:
5. Mi40 Nation – the all-inclusive membership for those who #demandexcellence.
Join 40,000+ members who are taking a holistic approach to building a body they love.
Have a Mi40 story to share?
Transformations, big and small. Inside and out. I want to know all about how Mi40 has impacted your life.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with all the saucy details, plot twists, numbers, and photos.
By sending us your Mi40 stories, you agree to help us promote the Muscle Intelligence movement.
And to let us use your stories publicly to show the world how we #demandexcellence.