Guide : Best Foods to Eat for Skin Whitening
Many people are obsessed with lightening their complexion. They try different products; apply herbal masks and what not. But what most people don’t know is that apart from the topical application of herbal products you can eat healthy foods to lighten your skin tone. These foods will make your skin smooth and glowing. If your beauty goal is to get fairer skin, then you should include the following foods in your diet from today.
1. Lime water
You should start your skincare routine every day with a glass of lime water. The mixture of water and lime juice helps to reduce wrinkles, blackheads, dark circles, and aging. Here are the reasons why lime water is so good for skin:
- It contains vitamin C which is a natural bleach and so helps to lighten the skin tone.
- Its acidic property helps in whitening the skin.
- The antioxidants in lime water are good for the skin tone.
- The antibiotic properties of lime can help to reduce acne.
You should drink lime water, preferably warm, every morning. You will notice the disappearance of blemishes, dark spots, acne, etc. after a few days, unveiling a more radiant skin.
2. Sweet potatoes
You must have heard about how applying potato juice on the skin can remove dark spots. But did you know that eating sweet potatoes lightens the skin?
- Sweet potatoes reduce the excess skin pigmentation and thereby lighten the skin.
- It is rich in vitamin A and helps to improve the skin tone.
- It contains antioxidants that reduce the signs of aging.
- It is rich in carotenoids that give the skin a natural glow.
- It has vitamin C that stimulates the production of collagen and makes the skin firmer. So, your wrinkles and fine lines will be reduced.
With all these benefits sweet potato is an important ingredient in most skin lightening creams. Sweet potatoes are easy to cook. So, just boil some sweet potatoes and eat it every day to get a more glowing and healthy skin.
3. Green Tea
Your grandmother must have warned you not to drink too much tea as it will darken your skin. However, it is now believed that drinking tea, especially green tea, is good for the skin. Our body contains some kind of peroxides that cause our skin to burn and makes the skin rough as well. Tea reduces the peroxides in the body as it contains the antioxidant polyphenol. So, it helps to lighten the skin and makes it smooth. Some other benefits of tea include:
- Green tea is a good source of antioxidants which prevents premature aging, redness, and dark spots.
- It helps to reduce the levels of acne-producing hormone DTH, so your skin will become blemish-free.
- It removes the fat in the skin and makes it brighter.
- It prevents skin cancer by reducing the harmful effects of UV light on the skin.
So, make it a habit to drink green tea every morning for brighter skin. Your skin will not only become whiter but will turn out to be healthier too.
4. Dark chocolate
If you find dark chocolate bitter, then you should get used to the taste, because dark chocolate has a lot of skin benefits. Most importantly, it helps to whiten your skin. Some other benefits include:
- It improves the skin texture and so your skin will feel soft.
- It will make your skin more UV resistance, so your skin tone won’t get dark due to the exposure of sunlight.
- It contains cocoa polyphenols and flavonoids that are antioxidants and help to whiten the skin.
So, you should eat some dark chocolate every day to whiten your skin. Don’t hesitate to eat it thinking that you might put on weight. You will, in fact, lose weight as well by eating dark chocolate.
Orange contains lots of vitamin C and helps to make your complexion bright. It is recommended by the dermatologists due to the various benefits it provides for your skin.
- It contains vitamin C that is important for the production of collagen which makes the skin smoother and wrinkle-free.
- It helps to fight the damage caused due to sunlight.
- It makes your skin healthy and flawless.
Fruits are good for your skin and body. Orange, in particular, is very beneficial for glowing and healthy skin. Therefore, you should add it to your everyday diet.
6. Soya bean
You should consume soya bean products like soya bean milk or tofu for whiter and glowing skin. Soybean has a lot of advantages as it contains many nutrients.
- It contains isoflavone that fights aging and so you will get a younger looking skin.
- It contains antioxidants that help to maintain the luster of your skin.
- It has vitamin A and Phytoestrogen that prevents any skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation.
Soya beans act as a natural whitening agent for your skin. You will get a youthful and radiant skin by having soya bean products in your diet every day.
It has been said that Cleopatra, the beautiful queen of Egypt, used to include almonds in her everyday diet. Almonds contain useful nutrients that are good for the body and skin.
- Almonds contain vitamin E that helps to soften and nourish the skin.
- Almond oil can protect your skin from sun damage.
If you eat a handful of almond every day, your skin will look clearer and feel soft. Almond is an anti-aging solution for your skin and will make it look younger.
Beetroots are rich in copper, iron, and manganese and it also contains vitamins A, B, and C. It enhances the skin by removing toxins from the body. If you drink a glass of fresh beetroot every day, you will notice that your skin has brightened. Beetroot also helps to maintain the skin’s elasticity and so reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
Few slices of cucumber in your plate every day will give you a fresh complexion. It is known as a natural skin whitening food. You must have noticed that it’s used in various beauty products, including fairness creams. Cucumber helps to remove the excessive melanin pigmentation on the skin and thus results in a brighter skin. You can also get good results by applying cucumber on the face.
Carrot contains vitamin A that supports cell growth and so helps to get beautiful skin. It contains beta-carotene and antioxidants that help to flush out toxins from the body. Your skin will be protected from sun-induced damage and will look brighter. Carrots also reduce wrinkles and slow down aging.
Everybody desires beautiful skin with no acne, blemishes or other imperfections. Some people are very concerned about their complexion and want a fairer skin tone. These foods can make your skin perfect. They contain very healthy nutrients that make your skin fairer, softer, and healthier. You should also consume lots of water every day to keep your skin in good condition. If you are dehydrated, you won’t look good. So, make sure you drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
You should avoid foods such as fried foods, coffee, canned juices, colas, and other carbonated beverages. These cause your skin to get darker. Have healthy foods every day and you will be amazed to see your glowing complexion.